Saturday 5 March 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Publisher: Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 978-1-4169-8942-4
Pages: 391
When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy. 
But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?

As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?

Becca Fitzpatrick's New York Times bestselling debut is a page-turning leap into the unknown world of fallen angels. Do you have someone to catch you?
Hush, Hush was ridiculously good. I could not stop reading once I got started. The characters were so appealing - the type that stay with you long after you've finished reading about them and I can't wait for more!

The goodness that is Hush, Hush was a seamless flow of never-ending plot twists. Moments that will make you laugh out loud and gasp in outrage come together to create an epic tale of complicated love, hate and everything that comes with it.

I feel like I need to pause here to gush solely about the one and only Patch. He was the epitome of a bad boy - dark, dangerous and sexy. I want one, please! I think Fitzpatrick did an excellent job of balancing his darker side with his caring and protective one (trust me, there is one!) without turning him into a total lovesick fool. Ugh. I kind of shudder to imagine a Patch like that... it would take away his essence!

This book has it all: fantastic plot, magnificent characters and clever dialogue. If you haven't read it yet, you should.

Eagerly awaiting the next book!

-

Others titles from Becca Fitzpatrick include: Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love (anthology), Crescendo, Silence (October 25, 2011) 

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've been tossing up whether to read this one because I'm not totally sold on the whole fallen angels thing. The only angel-related book(s) I've read so far is the Blue Bloods series and I wasn't in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely think you should give it a try. I read the first BB book a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it. I don't know why I never continued, actually.

    ReplyDelete