Sunday 20 March 2011

Mini Challenge: My Dream Island Dates


You see this island? This is MY island. On my island, I get to pick at least 5 guests to invite with me as I relax in my beautiful paradise. These guests are characters from books I've read in 2010/2011. The challenge has been issued by A Casual Reader so go check it out!

Alright, my list. It's pretty embarrassing actually but what can I say? It's a good thing so many of my gorgeous boys are multi-talented because it makes me seem like less of a dork I appreciate talent and respect them for their well-honed skills. Anyways! Back on track.

1) Jem Carstairs (The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare)
Jem is my number one fictional crush of all time. He would listen to all of my whining and help me sort out my problems and just be the sweet, understanding guy he is. On the island, we would relax and get away from any annoying yet gorgeous males we might live with * loud cough*

2) Adam Wilde (If I Stay by Gayle Forman)
In addition to being gorgeous, Adam is charming, has great style and is a rockstar. What more could you possibly want? He could sing to me and play the guitar and write me songs (I don't care what he told Mia - I want a song!). 

3) Evie IDON'TKNOWHERLASTNAME (Paranormalcy by Kiersten White)
While I do love my hot boys, I would probably start to crave some female company after a while. Evie would be great to have on my island! She's girly, funny and kicks butt too so she could help protect me from any invading creatures. We could do lots of girly things together - go shopping (my island is fabulous, no?), do our nails... you get the point. 

4) Puck and Ash (The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa)
I know what you're all thinking but yes, I want both of them. Together. On the same island. Trapped. Stranded. MINE!

Ahem. Anywho, I love them both. Puck could be my personal jester (forget that Oberon guy!) and make me laugh until I cry and Ash could whirl around with his sword and scowl at the sunshine. What about me? Well, I could, you know, look at them. Oh, hey! Grim can come too and make it a real party - sorry Meg.

5) Alan Ryves (The Demon's ... Trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan)
So, Alan! He could teach me interesting things from a multitude of subjects and be nice just like Jem but more importantly... he can cook for me. You think I'm kidding, huh? That I wouldn't resort to such shallow rudeness. After all, he would be a guest. Sorry to disappoint. Alan can cook well so I need him, please. Of course, he can also relax and just have a good time! It makes me upset how stressful and complicated his life is. As long as he cooks first.

-

So, that's it! It was fun. I ended up having eight guests but I for some reason stuck three together in the same category.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! I love what you said about Jem...he's such a gem isn't he?! And Gale...why didn't I think of him...yes you would need great music and a great song!

    Thanks for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Jem! I haven't read any of the other books but I plan too. This is a pretty cool blog post. I think I may do something similar on mine :)

    By the way I'm your newest follower :)


    http://untraveled-world.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, obviously I loved all the books :) I hope you do too! Thanks so much for following!

    ReplyDelete