Thursday 2 June 2011

Booking Through Thursday (10)

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is...
Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?
Of course I read book reviews! I love seeing how other people feel about a book and knowing the specific details that made them love (or not love) a book. I trust... a lot of people. There are a lot of blogs that I read regularly. As for my reading and buying habits: in a way. I don't think it's ever really just one review that makes me rush out and buy a book, but if I see that a lot of people love it and post reviews that make me excited for it, I'm a lot more likely to go buy that book than one that I've heard nothing (good) about. If I see a book that someone I trust really loves though (even if they're the only one!) I'll usually put it on hold at the library.

5 comments:

  1. I pretty much agree with everything you've said!

    Hope you'll stop by my post and say hi...

    Cindy at Cindy's Book Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally read them!! I only completely trust a few reviewers though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy: Oh, great :) Nice to meet you!

    Ashley: Yeah, completely trust? Not everyone. There are some people that I automatically go to if I want to find out an opinion on a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sonia, I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. You can find out about it here: http://findingthewriteway.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html
    Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. If a lot of people have given a book good reviews I am more likely to give it a read. But, then there have been books that some of my favorite bloggers did not like and I loved! I just like reading reviews, books and sharing my love of both! :0)

    ReplyDelete