Wednesday 10 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.
This week, I've chosen...

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

(Goodreads profile)
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers (Bloomsbury)
Release Date: August 16, 2011 (Hardcover)

Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?

Ah, the final Perfect Chemistry book! I love this series :) The first was my favourite but the second was great too. Can't wait to find out more about Luis! PLUS, Alex and Brittany (at least it better be Brittany!) are getting married. <3 <3 <3
 
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
 
Publisher: Razorbill (Penguin)
Release Date: August 23, 2011
 
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

I need this book nownownownownownow!

ADRIAN.

That is all.

15 comments:

  1. DUDE! How did I miss the wedding part in the synopsis?! *slaps brain* Man, SO looking forward to this! I love this series and while I'm sad it'll be over, I'm excited to read Luis' story.

    And you could not have picked a better word to sum up your want of Bloodlines :D Because Adrian freaking OWNS in it! I NEED THE GOLDEN LILY ALREADY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...I haven't read Perfect Chemistry. Or any book in that series...LOL, you're going to yell at me, aren't you? :P Can't wait for Bloodlines though! Adrian...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brodie: You greedy person. We want Bloodlines and you're whining about the Golden Lily?! :P SO, SO EXCITED.

    Liz: THIS IS ME YELLING AT YOU. YOU ARE BEING YELLED AT.

    Seriously though, you HAVE to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Vampire Academy but I'm a little bit nervous about reading Bloodlines because I don't know how it could beat the awesomeness of VA!
    Here is my WOW: http://www.teenbookfanatics.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-28-daughter-of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either of these series, but I hear they're good. I have the first three of the Vampire Academy series, which I'd like to read before I read the spin-off. Great choices though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chose Chain Reaction last week and I can't wait for Bloodlines!!! Both of those books are going to be sooooo good!!! Great picks :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cover of chain reaction is so hot! and i've been hearing great things about bloodlines. great picks! :)

    Stop by our WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any books by either of these authors! I have heard good things about them though! Hopefully I will check some of their books out soon! My TBR pile is growing like crazy! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloodlines looks pretty good. I didn't know it was a start to a new series until very recently. Great picks, Adrian!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like we're waiting on the same book this week! I just finished reading Perfect Chemistry yesterday...Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Already have Bloodlines on pre-order! Can't wait!!!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-dark-angel-series.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I havent tried the perfect chemistry series but after seeing the new photos of the guys/girls
    I really want to!

    My WoW post this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for that one either. I love Simone Elkeles' writing style and I do love the Fuentes brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twitching for Bloodlines. Must read Perfect Chemistry soon. So behind the ball! Friend of mine read it last year - why still haven't I??!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choices! I'm super-excited for Bloodlines!

    My Wow: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog:http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

    ReplyDelete