Monday 2 January 2012

2012 Reading Challenges

Last year, when I started out as a blogger, it was March and I was mostly just trying to keep up with everything and adjust. I didn't sign up for any challenges, either because the time for that was over or because I just didn't feel ready for it. This year though, I am happily participating in two challenges (so far):


The 2012 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren

I've actually already done a post on this challenge, but here's a re-post of the books I hope to get to. Again, it's not a final list by any means but I am super excited for all of these books.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Tempest by Julie Cross
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
Slide by Jill Hathaway
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Also, a book that wasn't on my original list but definitely is now: The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams.

The other challenge I've signed up for is:

The 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge hosted by Katie's Book Blog and Reading Angel

I've decided to go with Level 3 (15+ books) for this challenge. A challenge it shall be! I'm confident enough that I'll be able to reach my goal though.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jansen
Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams

Now, THAT was a fun list to come up with! I hadn't even realized that there were so many 2012 contemporaries that I had on my list, but there you are. I actually cut a few out because it looked kind of overwhelming.

***

This whole experience should be fun! Probably nerve-wracking, too. And stressful, if I leave it all for the end like I have a habit of doing. Let's just focus on the fun part though ;)

Are you participating in any challenges this year? Any pointers for me from those that have attempted/successfully completed them in the past? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many books to read! Good luck! I'm looking forward to all of those - 2012 is full of amazing sounding books! The Catastrophic History was awesome, so hope you like that one, and TSPoLaFS is one the contemps I'm most anticipating! As well as The Fine Art of Truth or Dare (which sounds amazing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha good luck with both of these challenges, Sonia!! We shall be cheering for you from the sidelines and helpefully giving you a kick up the butt when needed :D So excited to read tons of the books on your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED Cinder. Currently reading UtNS and eagerly awaiting the release of Slide! 2012 is going to be an awesome year. ;D

    ReplyDelete