Wednesday 15 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (48)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine so that (this is me paraphrasing) we can all FREAK OUT TOGETHER about some rocking upcoming books. Warning: extreme fangirling may occur.

VesselVessel by Sarah Beth Durst

Add it: Goodreads
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Format: Hardcover, 320 pages
Release Date: September 11, 2012

In a desert world of sandstorms and sand-wolves, a teen girl must defy the gods to save her tribe in this mystical, atmospheric tale from the author of Drink, Slay, Love. 
Liyana has trained her entire life to be the vessel of a goddess. The goddess will inhabit Liyana’s body and use magic to bring rain to the desert. But Liyana’s goddess never comes. Abandoned by her angry tribe, Liyana expects to die in the desert. Until a boy walks out of the dust in search of her.
Korbyn is a god inside his vessel, and a trickster god at that. He tells Liyana that five other gods are missing, and they set off across the desert in search of the other vessels. For the desert tribes cannot survive without the magic of their gods. But the journey is dangerous, even with a god’s help. And not everyone is willing to believe the trickster god’s tale.
The closer she grows to Korbyn, the less Liyana wants to disappear to make way for her goddess. But she has no choice: She must die for her tribe to live. Unless a trickster god can help her to trick fate—or a human girl can muster some magic of her own.

Do you know that feeling you sometimes get when you hear/read about something and you just know that it's for you? Yeah, I have that for this one.

Fantasy, adventure, the making-your-own-magic theme, an author I already have a wonderful reading experience with, a cover I adore, a rave review from Tamora Pierce... the list goes on. I am so planning on pre-ordering this later today!

What are you waiting on?

8 comments:

  1. oh hadn't heard of this one! Love the cover too! :D
    My WOW: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! Definitely putting it on my list! New follower via GFC. :]

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read any of Sarah Beth Durst's novels, but Vessel sure sounds different from other YA novels. And I really like the cover; it's bold and eye-catching!

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this one sounds so different from other YA fantasy books. :) I will definitely be putting it on my TBR list!

    Mary @ Books Equal Brains

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is awesome and it sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SONIA YOU READ ME MIND. I was JUST looking at this last night, because I remembered hearing about it AGES ago and was thinking "when's that book by that author with the cover and the gods coming out?" and then saw it's NEXT MONTH :O I thought 2013....

    I LOVED Sarah's Drink Slay Love, so her name attached to this already gives me reason to read. But...but... trickster gods?! Desert world? Magic?! I WANT IT. I NEED IT. AND HOW GORGEOUS IS THAT COVER?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! 0.0 THAT. COVER. IS. ABSOLUTELY. GORGEOUS <3 Everything about it just works really well, the colours blend together, the model doesn't seem out of place. It's perfect... and enough to tempt me to get my hands on it :)

    Fab pick this week, Sonia - not long now until you can read it <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I can't wait to read this one. It's all about the cover. Look at that thing! It's amazing! And gives off such a magic-y, fantasy vibe! So excited (plus I loved Drink, Slay, Love so I'm expecting great things). Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete